While many businesses understand how important it is to support the communities in which they live, the underlying reasons for their philanthropy vary:
- Makes Austin a better place to live for everyone, including their employees
- Helps attract and retain employees who want to work for a socially responsible company
- Increases revenue because consumers want to buy from corporate givers
- Gives the company a tax advantage
- It’s the right thing to do – the company has been blessed and should help those not as fortunate
Austin Gives is a voluntary program with no cost to the participants.
We encourage all businesses who donate 1% or more of their profits to philanthropy (includes monetary donations, donated product or service, or volunteering) to fill out the pledge form online. Businesses who do not meet the one percent threshold now are encouraged to take steps to get there.